Sunday, December 6, 2009

YottaFLOPS of yottaFLOPS.

One of my main reluctance to start a blog was just that
one flop in yottaflops of yottaflops.

Or as the Eagles would say it was all wasted time.

Dribbling on synapses.

Tom Waits says information does not equal knowledge.

As of 2006, 200 million blogs were left without updates

Computer Performance

Name FLOPS

yottaFLOPS
10²⁴

zettaFLOPS
10²¹

exaFLOPS
10 ¹⁸

petaFLOPS
10 ¹⁵

teraFLOPS
10 ¹²

gigaFLOPS
billions

megaFLOPS
millions

kiloFLOPS
thousands 103

Mega or Giga or Tera is so passé now and also so limiting as I am finding out these days.

Mind You I don’t mind a nice petaFlops once in a blue moon.

Exa is too exacting and Zetta, well Zetta had a bad reputation lately.

Plus also I hate the facts of losing all dem yottas in cyber limbo,
cosmic space somewhere over the rainbow.

Where do all these Yottas of Yottas go anyway?

All the innumerable thoughts the world has, has had, and will have?

To the “Big FLOP in the Sky” or to some Karmic Cosmic Vortex or Black Hole somewhere out there?

I am quite proud about my yottas in fact;

I cherish many of them from a narcissistic point of view.

A translation of Proverbs in French says that the fool rejoices at the manifestation of his thoughts.

Well I am such a fool and I do like my thoughts and I like understanding and intelligence.

What’s wrong with peace and love and understanding now?

So here is the new word for the manifestation of my many thoughts: yottas.

Pro 18:2 Ce n'est pas à l'intelligence que l'insensé prend plaisir, C'est à la manifestation de ses pensées.
Pro 18:2 A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.

Not one yotta deleted!

Mat 5:18 Car, je vous le dis en vérité, tant que le ciel et la terre ne passeront point, il ne disparaîtra pas de la loi un seul iota ou un seul trait de lettre, jusqu'à ce que tout soit arrivé.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:18 Truly I say to you, Until the heaven and the earth pass away, in no way shall one iota or one point pass away from the Law until all comes to pass.

Ok! Ok! Maybe MY Yottas are not that important but what if I like them? :)

Plus my yottas are nothing but
the mix of yottas of yottas from yottas of people
in the great yottesque universe.

So here we are!

To my Yottas!

Safeguarded now forever in the great Cyber Vortex in The Sky!

L’Chaim!

No comments:

Post a Comment