Tuesday, May 2, 2017

in the living seconds

Every past generation has thought that this generation was going to hell in a basket at light speed.

2 things today,

1.       Thought on a 9GAG picture

2.      The Young Pope

1.       The picture was of one of those sempiternal lame lame American daytime talk show. 


Some poor sad fucked up emo kid and an even sadder host who has to listen to all this utter crap.
Title of post: It HAS to stop

Kid: “I am transforming into a sexless alien”

Lamer end line even: Every day. We stray further from god.

We sure seam to stray alright but our parents and our grandparents could have said the same.

Even though I do feel that with IT modern technology and especially social medias we ARE straying exponentially and that seems a little scary.

With hashtags like #lbgtqabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz we will soon need an hexadecimal system to go further.

In this nurture vs nature fight the oil of social media is spreading every little virus like a fire in high wind.  It encourages the weak to come up with craftier ways to get their 15 seconds of fame.  I will leave it there for now as there is no going through the #lbgtqabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz  without ruffling some feathers.

Now speaking on encouraging the weak let’s go to point numero deux.

I have been watching the Young Pope lately on SBS on demand and even though I am not a fan of Jude Law or the Catholic Church I am still watching, up to episode 6 so far I think.

It is funny fiction in one way to imagine that the Americans who love power and control could also get their hands on the Vatican one day but this is not what troubles me. 

Some say the new show 13 Reasons Why is dangerous.

I would say that The New Pope has even more potential of mental madness.

Such fanaticism and intransigence may seem purist and good and Francis of Assisi like even though the new pope sure loves to pieces all his ostentation and rich fabrics and show-off gear. 

But this fervour can only lead to psychosis.  

I can imagine thousands of weak minds good willing and good hearted and all seeking arduously a god that doesn’t exist and ending inevitably in a mental hospital with high psychotic behaviour of their own creation. Everyone creates his own god after all.

7 billion different gods on this planet and some are scarier than other: the more ignorant the believer the scarier the god not mentioning the evil power wielding priests and imams and what not creating powerful hysterical mobs to achieve unsanctioned murder.

If you stare in the abyss the abyss stares back.

His motives so far are dubious and weird but his speeches could lead many to utter madness.  The self-doubting believer trying extra hard to filter all of his dichotomies.  It has happened plenty of times in the past: Nelligan, Van Gogh and thousands of others.

Let’s not forget now that the main of Christianity in the Roman Empire was started by such a fanatic who had fallen off his horse and assuredly permanently affecting his temporal lobe thereafter.
Nothing good can come out of ignorance mixed with fanaticism.

Add to this the deep internal scars and all the failures of an “infallible” man and you have a volatile recipe for disaster.

Anyway not sure what the next 4 episodes will bring me as I suppose strongly that I will watch them and finish the fictive story, I can’t say the same now about 13 Reasons Why… Jury is still out on that one and also with most Peter Capaldi’s Doctor Who.  It would seem to me that the first season of True Detective has destroyed any potential good tv shows for me TD1 being the climax of all tv shows ever made.

I seem to have lost my mojo to binge ever since anyway.

Not impressed at all with the last season of Doctor Who and still wandering why I would watch it at all.  Man looks for trouble man finds it girl screams man saves the earth is getting really boring.

So here it is another lazy blog after a night of triple nightmares.

1.       Missed the train AND the Plane
2.      Flooded two rooms by forgetting taps on and going full Alzheimer’s, cried like a baby lying in 6 inches of water as Sue tried to comfort me and I had visions of losing my mind
3.      And the worst, sent a scout to our new vacation place to discover horror of horror that the internet connection is super slow

Goodbye Cruel World!  

Just Kidding… can’t go before September now and I still have this obsession to reach 2 billion seconds no matter what (just like my dad did)

May 15th, 2019  2:33 am and 20 seconds WA time give or take a second or two

I might be sitting here like when one watches an odometer reach the zeros










No comments:

Post a Comment