Thursday, November 2, 2017

Quick thoughts on Path of Exile

2 months gone

Here we are been back for 2 months and what have I done?
(The following might be Greek or Chinese to any non POE player)

Well errr most of my conscious time I would have to say has been spent on this new game / addiction of mine.

It took me a while to join the POE crowd but now I am in...well sort of.

I thought I was going to give up for a while as there is so much for my ageing declining Alzheimer's brain to grasp and retain,

But then a decent guide came on and I persevered.

Thanks to Brian from EngineeringEternity.

I am still struggling with much and have done so many stupid mistakes and still do but I am progressing slowly, breaking a new record every day,

My last record was NOT to die to the last boss of Act 10, a feat I had not succeeded at previously.

I spend crazy mad hours in this game and after 2 months of it I am no better than some 'kid' who would have played it for a week but I am moving along slowly learning every day.

I have managed a few 'titles' and I am proud of that too.

I call ascendancies titles :) 

I have a level 88 Berserker who even though was struggling for a while is doing better now. I have invested much in him, including 2 divine vessels and he might get somewhere one day. He is for the mo my daily mission hero and also my beachhead map killer.  

He is the finder of my whole 2 (TWO) Exalted (make that 3 with all the shards I got in BeachHead. 

Exalted seem to be much related to Zana so far,
by the way she should turn level 7 tomorrow.  


Elreon is my only level 8 so far soon to be followed by Haku.

Vorici is an asshole with all his rules don't kill this don't kill that etc  I am not in the leaving alive business.  


Speaking of Vorici I might need him at 8 soon to fix one of my most horrible mistake. 
Remind me to tell you my Tabula Rasa story one day.


What I find so out-of-reach is one of those 6 links armour that either cost 500 chaos ( I barely manage to gather and keep 200)

My biggest expense was a cheap Dying Sun at 80 chaos.

It's either 500 chaos or way more fusing that I can afford and never come close to owning such an amount.

Mind you spreading myself thin with many 5 linked comes expensively as well.

Nest is my level 87 Necromancer who for a while was my best.  Good for some maps like the one where I could not leech where my Berserker and my Juggernaut would not do well at all.

Speaking of Juggernaut he is my latest obsession now at level 75 soon to be wearing that belt at 78 if I can fix my incredible intelligence problem :P 

Another thing I am utterly slow at learning is proper crafting and it should not be hard on this character since he's only got two slots to fix all the rest is predetermined. 

I gotta craft or find somehow some incredible helm and boots with INTELLIGENCE galore AND loads of life AND loads of resist preferably Fire. And oh yeah some movement speed is primordial too my Necro is killing me with slowliness and my Juggernaut speed had to be fixed at all costs.

I have no idea really what each machine does and even when I get my masters to level 8 I certainly don't have the Ex required for fancy crafting.

Anyway more to come on Path of Exile soon they say write about what you know well too bad for that rule now but it certainly what I DO anyway even though badly.

There were more thoughts I wanted to share about my past 2 months but they will have to wait as the sun is about to rise soon, a common happening in this vampire house so off to my coffin for now with more later. 

Ciao


No comments:

Post a Comment